01 May 2018

THE ADVENTURES OF THE DANUBE SISTERS by Alberto Arcia


Y'all know I love a good fairy tale, right? Well, allow me to introduce you to a series of fairy tales written by the fabulous Alberto Arcia. 

I know y'all will love the story behind them!

But first, meet the author behind these fabulous books!



Alberto Arcia came to Texas at the age of 18. His mother had been assigned a diplomatic post in San Antonio (Consul General). He tried college and failed three times. He joined the Texas National Guard to learn how to be a soldier and to avoid going to Viet Nam. He was a former three-term officer of The Woodlands Writer’s Guild and had his first novel published in 2009 by Arte Publico Press, an University press from U of H.

Mr. Arcia is best known for his humorous, bawdy, adventure stories about Alex Perez - man enamored with the female form. The author promotes these novels under Alberto Arcia, the Panamanian Humorist from Texas. These are novels for adults. 

There are five in this series on Amazon:

Isla Grande, a novel based in Panama. 

Also on Amazon are two books of short stories:


His next project, which is already completed, is a collaboration with his good friend, 
Paul Bussard, who writes science fiction. It’s an urban fiction piece about a chatty, pushy statue of Liberty, who wants to give the nation a warning. 

Alberto presently resides in Plantersville, Texas with Betsy, the love of his life.

Connect with Alberto!


So, Mr. Arcia, tell us about 
The Adventures of the Danube Sisters!

The inspiration for the series started when I married and brought my third wife and her two girls home from Beaumont to Plantersville. One of the girls, the older one, Mary Beth, was upset and told me she already had one dad, and didn’t know she needed another. The youngest one, a spirited unruly child named Jenny, took to me instantly. She wanted me to be her new daddy. 



In order to bring the older one around, I wrote her a short story and titled it Marika and the Dragon. The story was about her, Princess Marika, her sister, Princess Jana, her mother, Queen Beatrice, her dad, King Ricardo, her stepbrother, Prince Alexis, her stepsister Queen Korina, and myself, as King Alfonso. 



I read it to her one day, and the girl’s eyes became big. She loved it, and my intrusion in her life was accepted. Unfortunately for me, since I was busy writing a novel, her sister wanted one. So I wrote a story titled Jana of Barkom. This created a monster. 



All of the sudden, my daughter, my son, and the neighborhood kids each wanted one. When I was done with all of them, there was enough material to do a full length novel. I weaved the stories together, kept adding to them as the kids grew, and when they were dating, I corked it, and placed it on the shelf. 


Years later, I realized I needed to do something with the stories. And, since my wife was insisting, I dusted them off, added more to the story, and hired different artists to paint several portraits from photos I'd planned to use as covers. 



Jana is Jenny, Marika is Mary Beth, and her cover is on a short story book titled Marika and the Dragon. My son Nicolas is Alexis, and my daughter Kristina is Korina. The fourth novel is titled Dimas the Mad Monk, and I’m already on chapter five – Dimas is my mother’s first cousin. He lives in Panama, and I owe him a debt of gratitude. Hopefully, he will approve of his character.


I hope y'all will pick up a copy of one or more of Arcia's books and caress them with your eyes this summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment